Friday, September 30, 2011

Sewing - life lessons

I'm taking a sewing class at Conejo Valley Adult School. The teacher was a school teacher for many years, a mother and now grandmother with lots of wisdom to share. We were going around the circle introducing ourselves and she got to talking about bettering yourself through education. She said that you should always be taking a class, moving forward, having goals. She said that is your insurance policy in case you are on your own for whatever reason, death or divorce from your spouse. You will have an education to fall back on. I agree 100%. I always feel driven to complete my education. I've been going to school for years taking Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology, determined to work at some point in the medical field. I've thought about medical billing, nursing, occupational therapy assistant, all towards the larger goal of completing my bachelors degree in psychology / biology and getting a masters in genetic counseling. My "big" dream is to become a genetic counselor and I have no doubt I will, some day!!!

No comments: