Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sleeping or lack thereof!

I currently sleep in the girls room on a twin bed with a lumpy mattress and usually with Lily. The babies sleep in their crib, to start, and then one by one they wake up and want to nurse. Then I put them back in the crib and then the next baby wakes up and I nurse them and put them back. Sometimes I move out to the couch, sometimes I move to Lily's toddler bed, I'm all over the place. Need less to say, I do not sleep very well and am awakened 8 to 10 times a night by Poppy, Violet and Lily. Some day I will sleep again! A whole eight hours in a row. That would be absolutely fabulous. The hardest part is getting the girls to sleep. Lately I find around 8pm I am READY for sleep. However, the girls usually are not and I get very anxious and irritable. I need to change this cycle some how because they usually do not go to sleep until 9:30! By that time I'm DONE!!! I have a little routine of dinner, bath and jammies. Then reading books but they just want to play. I'm going to try the routine a little later to coincide with their normal 9:30pm bedtime. We will see. I just find myself relating to that book "Go the f*** to sleep" way too often lately.

No comments: