Monday, October 3, 2011

IEP Training at Rainbow Connection Family Resource Center ~ October 1, 2011

I applied for a job as a Resource Parent at the Rainbow Connection Family Resource Center in Oxnard last week. One of the things they suggested is that we attend one of their upcoming trainings so I signed up for the IEP Training on October 1st. It was me, two parents of children with special needs and three Rainbow employees. It was so interesting and informative to talk about all the different scenarios and to learn what is going on these days and the challenges being faced by parents of children with Autism. I don't know why I didn't use their resources when Jadalyn was here with us. It would have been so nice to meet with people that understood and could give me guidance. I did network with many parents and people in the special needs children community but it was at a different level. Usually one on one, meeting at a doctors office, at the hospital, that sort of thing. I also learned a lot of what was available from Jadalyn's therapists and nurses that came to our home and told me about different programs or things available to her. It was a constantly evolving project.

No comments: